Bird & Blend Tea Co. - Belle's Breakfast (Limited Edition)

Belle’s Breakfast is a limited edition black tea from Bird & Blend and was provided as part of the June tea club offering.




Ingredients: Sri Lankan black tea, Kenyan black tea, Chinese Keemun black tea, Chinese black tea, rose petals, flavouring

They describe it thus:

Bird & Blend meet BREWtea and the Beast! This brew is our first rose breakfast black tea & you better believe it’s a blooming beautiful loose leaf blend! Think Turkish delight meets English summer garden! ❣️




I have to admit it took me a little while to get round to trying this one as the rose teas I’ve tried in the past have generally given me a headache (sorry Enchanted Narnia, you are a major culprit here) and mixing it with black tea, which can also give me a headache doesn’t make for the most eagerly anticipated brew. Having said that, it smells wonderful, just like Turkish Delight (which I absolutely love), and so part of me did really want to try it.

Olivia tried it first and announced that it was one of the best teas she’d ever had and that it tasted just like Turkish Delight as well as smelling like it. This soaring recommendation made me keener to try it than I had before, so I swapped it for my usual morning cup of decaffeinated peach — and I’m pleased to say I was impressed. This is an extremely nice cup of morning tea and has a lovely aroma and taste, but isn’t too overwhelming in any respect and better still didn’t give me a headache, possibly because of the number of different black teas involved.

As always I added demerara sugar which increased the Turkish Delight sweetness. I felt that adding milk detracted a little and turned it into a normal cup of tea with a slight aroma and taste of rose so I’d probably drink it without if I had it again.

Once again there is no picture of the brewed tea as I was at work when I drank it.





June Tea Club Thoughts

As the first tea club box I’ve bought it was definitely a hit. None of the teas contained coconut (good for me), and all were drinkable by everyone in the team (although they didn’t get the chance with the Mermaid Mist as I drank it all myself).

In terms of favourites, Olivia chose Belle’s Breakfast, Vicki liked the Butter Brew and as I’ve already mentioned in a previous review I liked the Mermaid Mist, so each of us were drawn to a different flavour. Having said that, I would be more than happy to drink any of them again and would be happy to recommend all of them as permanent teas although I suspect that title would go to Butter Brew from what Bird & Blend have said about its popularity.


Roll on the next selection!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Favourite Tea League Table (Updated 12 August 2017)

Oolong Formosa – Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co.