Camellia's Tea House

Camellia’s Tea House, you win a prize both for the prettiest packaging of tea and the marvellous goodie bag you sent me with my recent order. Thank you!

Regular readers will remember that I found Camellia's after having afternoon tea at the Corinthia Hotel last week and I fell in love with their China Milky Oolong. Having checked out their website, I discovered that 21 April was National Tea Day, and to celebrate they are giving away a small mystery bag with all orders placed between 21-28 April.

Thus inspired, I ordered the Oolong (and it tastes and smells every bit as good now as it did during afternoon tea – yes, I am drinking it as I type) and their Chocolate tea – which smells divine, but I haven’t yet tasted it as it’s a black tea and I try not to drink black tea in the evening.

So, onto the contents of my ‘mystery’ bag. If you don’t want to know what was in it, I suggest you look away now – although the bag itself is lovely, especially with the bright yellow bow – Camellia's Tea House like their bows.




So first, let’s unpack the bag and see what’s inside:


Lots of amazing tea goodies!

Let’s break that down further shall we? First, the loose tea:

Ginseng Oolong, Lime and Pear, Vietnam Oolong, Panyong Golden Needle, empty tea bags

And then the teabags (silken pouches):

1 x Earl Grey, 3 x Toxin Killer, 3 x Aching Muscles, 3 x Sleep Well, 3 x Lung Ching Green, 1 x Chamomile Flowers (yep, I know!)

I would say it's a definite possibility that the loose tea samples are based on my order - this is a good thing but makes me want to buy some different teas to see what I'd get in another mystery bag (sadly, I can't afford it).

It’s going to be interesting giving these teas a try – although several of the bags contain the dreaded chamomile (and nettle), but with some other interesting ingredients as well it might not be so bad.

As someone who suffers from pretty bad insomnia I am particularly interested in the Sleep Well tea - maybe if this helps me sleep it'll be where I get to admit chamomile is okay (yeah, I don't think that's going to happen either, but I'm willing to be proved wrong).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Favourite Tea League Table (Updated 12 August 2017)

Blue Raspberry Tea – Bluebird Tea Co.