Milk Oolong Caramel Tea – Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co.

Evening all :)

On a day when I really need to relax I am trying Milk Oolong Caramel tea by the Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co. and very interesting it is too.



Ingredients: white tea, green tea, half fermented tea and natural flavouring

They describe it thus:

"Milky Oolong Caramel Tea is a new variation on our most popular Milk Oolong. This tea is based on a premium blend of white green and semi fermented loose leaf teas. This is a very special tea with a soft milky aroma and taste. Natural caramel flavour is added to make this a creamy temptation!"

So, as I’m sure you’re all aware by now I’m very partial to Oolong tea and particularly Milk Oolong. I have to admit that Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co.’s Milk Oolong isn’t my favourite version as it has a very subtle flavour, which is rather too mild for me. I much prefer something with a stronger milkier flavour and this is where the addition of the caramel makes this tea a winner.



Okay, so I’ll admit that this tea looks like a pile of dried leaves and twigs from a tree in my garden rather than the classic curled oolong leaf I’m used to, but looks aren’t everything. The tea is wonderfully creamy just like a normal milk oolong but also has the added flavour of caramel to give it a bit of extra oomph. 

I really like this tea, although I have to admit I don’t pick up the ‘Baileys’ taste that several reviewers mentioned – it has a 100% rating and a decent amount of reviews so it’s definitely one of Kent & Sussex Tea & Coffee Co.’s more popular teas.



I found this tea extremely drinkable and it really keeps its flavour well through multiple brewings. I easily made 3 pots from approximately 2 spoons of tea, so it’s good value too. Better still, as it’s low caffeine I can drink it in the evening, and it makes for a lovely relaxing brew.

As for brewing time, it is relatively forgiving, in that you can go a minute or so over the recommended 2-3 minutes without too much problem although if you leave it longer than that it does start to turn bitter, as is the case with all Oolongs.

This tea is definitely one I will buy again and has moved into second place in my favourite Oolong list.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Favourite Tea League Table (Updated 12 August 2017)

Blue Raspberry Tea – Bluebird Tea Co.