Summer Tea Shopping

Because of the current absurdly hot weather, I’m finding my usual go-to teas a little heavy and spicy and because I’m almost out of the China Milky Oolong I’m having to ration myself because I can’t bear the idea of running out.

I was intending to try the Strawberry Lemonade fruit infusion from Bluebird Teas, as that sounds exactly what I need and should hopefully taste pretty good cold. Unfortunately, because it knows I want to try it the tea has completely disappeared – and believe me I have looked everywhere – well, obviously not everywhere as it is around somewhere, but I have looked in all the obvious (and some not so obvious) places and I can’t find it anywhere.

Instead, I’ve finished off my stock of Rhubarb and Custard tea (also by Bluebird and just as lovely cold as hot) and gone shopping for some more Summer-sounding teas. 

Fortunately, the Bank Holiday has encouraged some tea companies to give discounts or giveaways and I’m all for it (obviously) although my bank account isn’t quite so excited (Bank Holiday discounts aren’t good for those of us who don’t get paid until the last day of the month as the discounts all finish on Monday, before we get paid).

So far, I’ve placed just one order, with a company I’ve looked at but not bought from before called The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Co. who have an amazing selection of tea (and coffee too, probably). They’re actually fairly local to me, in Pluckley (supposedly the most haunted village in the UK), so I could have driven down to their Factory Shop to pick up my order but they’re not open on weekends and Bank Holidays so I’ll have to wait somewhat impatiently for Royal Mail to do their thing once the order is dispatched.

I may have stocked up on Oolong products while I was there, but in my defence, I was panicking about running out of the Milky Oolong (yes, I’ve bought theirs to try along with a Milk Oolong Caramel (from the reviews it sounds delicious), Blue Spring Oolong (a pretty-looking mixture of fine grade Oolong and Mallow flowers, and an Oolong Formosa that was on special offer (can’t turn down a special offer and a discount at the same time).

Other teas on special offer, were the Grand Marnier and the Chocolate Mint black teas and although I have other chocolate and mint teas I haven’t yet got around to reviewing I was thinking about chocolate mint ice cream (hey, it’s hot in here — and remember, it’s on special offer!). Also, very excitingly, I found a Pumpkin Fruit Tisane which doesn’t contain a black, chai or rooibos base or, actually, any tea at all (those who read my recent review of Pumpkin Potion will understand my delight).

I rounded the order out with some other interesting sounding teas: Garden of England Afternoon, Apricot Tea, Arctic Fire and finally, one called Lullaby, which is, supposedly, a sleep-inducing, insomnia-busting concoction that doesn’t include chamomile anywhere in the ingredient list (hurrah!) — the sleepy part is provided by lemon balm and lavender.

All in all, I think you’ll agree that this is an interesting selection of teas and I honestly can’t wait to receive, try and review them.

I’m sure the Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Co. wouldn’t be unhappy with me telling you that until midnight on Monday (29th) you can get 15% off with the code BANK15, and if you can’t use that code, signing up to their newsletter gives you 10% off your first purchase.

I’m off to check out Adagio now, who are giving away free iced tea to existing customers. I suppose it’s too much to hope that Felix Felicis or Polyjuice are back in stock but no doubt I’ll find something interesting.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Blue Raspberry Tea – Bluebird Tea Co.

Bird & Blend Tea Co. - Butter Brew (Limited Edition)