Veritaserum — Adagio Teas

Veritaserum is clear, colourless, and odourless and is almost indistinguishable from water. The potion must mature for a full lunar phase, and is quite difficult to produce. It can be mixed with any drink, and three drops are a sufficient dose to make the drinker 'spill out his innermost secrets'. Thus, the potion forces the drinker to tell the complete truth to any question asked to him/her.




Ingredients: black tea, natural raspberry flavour, raspberries, raspberry leaves, natural chocolate flavour, dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, natural hazelnut flavour

The teas used to create this blend are: raspberry, chocolate chip and hazelnut, accented with raspberry leaves, rose hips and chocolate chips.

Veritaserum is one of the blends in the Magic Potions sampler box by Adagio Teas and the reason this jumped straight into my top 5 teas should be relatively obvious. It contains both chocolate, of which I am inordinately fond and raspberries, which are one of my favourite fruits.

It, along with the Pumpkin Potion, was the one I liked most when I first tried it but unfortunately, at the time it was out of stock and having put it away, I completely forgot about it. When I tried it the second time, I fell totally in love and was pleased when I discovered that it was back in stock.

Although raspberry can occasionally be a little tart, in this case, mixed with the chocolate it is definitely drinkable without sugar although adding a teaspoon of demerara made it even better for me. 

Adding cream to it was a revelation too, as it added a luxurious touch that I adored, reminding me of those raspberry flavoured chocolates that Woolworths used to sell when I was a kid (or a Ruffles bar but without the coconut). Even with milk, this is a lovely tea that makes you feel like you’re drinking something special (or maybe that’s just me).

This isn’t a tea that I could drink a lot of in one go as I find it kind of rich, particularly with cream, and it is high in caffeine but for the occasional treat, it’s absolutely perfect and it’s definitely an early afternoon favourite.

Adagio recommend brewing this tea for 3 minutes and I would agree with that, or maybe just a little longer. If you leave it for too long it can make it quite bitter, but I’ve found that adding milk diminishes the bitterness considerably.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Blue Raspberry Tea – Bluebird Tea Co.

Bird & Blend Tea Co. - Butter Brew (Limited Edition)