Bluebird Tea Co. Advent Calendar — Day 4 — Mulled Cider



Today we’re back to a traditional tea bag and it’s the always festive Mulled Cider.



Ingredients: Apple pieces, ginger, rosehip, hibiscus, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel, flavour

They describe it thus:

Aromatic winter spices, cinnamon, cloves + ginger, steeped with apple chunks to create this mellow + comforting hot tea toddy. Brew up a fruit infusion or use to create Mulled Cider, serve steaming with a splash of dark rum and snuggle up on a chilly winter's eve!

The first thing is that the bag smells fantastic, all spicy loveliness that makes me think of cold winter nights and crackling fires and settling down to listen to carols by candlelight.

It says to brew it for 4+ minutes but I left it for about 10 as I wanted a decent strong flavour. Unfortunately, because this was a bag rather than loose in a teapot the tea had cooled quite considerably by the time I drank it. This wasn’t that much of a problem as it tastes just as good cold – but obviously, I preferred it warm as I’m doing the Christmas experience.   

Demerara is the perfect sugar for this rather wonderful concoction and brings out the spiciness, yet adds a splash or sweetness that makes it almost perfect. I wish I had some more of this tea so I could add some rum to it to see if that works as well as Bluebird suggest. I also think adding a bit more cider wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Sadly, I have only the one tea bag so I’m not going to find out this year.

This tea definitely gets the thumbs up from me and I will be hoping that it’s still around next Christmas.

The one thing I have realised this evening is that tea bags don’t have the same depth of flavour as loose tea and my massive Harry Potter mug is too big. I will, therefore, be switching to Moz the Monster as from tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Bee Beautiful - Bluebird Tea Co.

Favourite Tea League Table (Updated 12 August 2017)

Blue Raspberry Tea – Bluebird Tea Co.